Monday, May 25, 2015

Martha, Martha in the Kitchen

Being Saturated in His Word... Martha in the Kitchen




I am thrilled to announce that I have two new prints up in my etsy shop about Martha...


Why Martha?


I enjoyed reading about Martha in Luke 10:38-42


Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. 


And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. 


But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. 


And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 


But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.


Martha was excited, she had the Lord in her house! And with people inside her home, she was burdened with so many things to do in getting things and food ready. She was becoming increasingly flustered and frustrated because her sister, Mary, was doing nothing but sitting at Jesus' feet, listening to Him. Martha couldn't contain herself any more and interrupted Jesus and said to Him, "Do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone?" but Jesus replied to her "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is *needful* and Mary has chosen that *good* part, which shall NOT be taken from her". 

What was the one good, needful part Mary did? Mary simply sat at Jesus' feet and listened to Him. THAT counts in God's sight - not the many things we do, even though if it's FOR God... God *wants* us to take a time-out (treat ourselves to a date with Jesus at Starbucks) and spend time just listening to Him... 

There are times when I have been so consumed with the Proverbs 31 woman concept, that I feel compelled into busyness... and irritability often shows when we are interrupted... when this happens, we need to put down our priorities and spend quality time with the Lord and our loved ones. 

I have created a print that you can print and put on display in your kitchen, a reminder for us not to be a Martha in our busyness for our family, but to be a Mary in resting, listening and showing appreciation to our Lord and loved ones... 












These two sizes, both PDF's, are available as an Instant Download!

They are available in here

You only need to download them and print them out to make your own Martha, Martha in the Kitchen framed scripture-in-the-kitchen art!


Also, check out my latest works in my instagram - @susyancrafts and @susyansales :) 

#bible #christian #verse #kitchen #mom


1 comment: